A lot of people say that the UK Tory government at Westminster have been incompetent, but they have been very competent at making extremely rich people richer and a lot of other people a lot poorer.

In actual fact they have been very successful in achieving their goal.

The UK is a very rich country, but instead of the government tackling inequality and poverty, they have created it.

The truth is constantly hidden, because most of the mainstream media is owned by billionaires.

Saying that poor people only have themselves to blame is ludicrous and disgusting. Living in poverty is not a conscious choice.

“I feel so guilty that my Mum won’t eat so we can. I’m going to work really hard when I’m older, so I can take my mum for a big meal!”

“My teacher gives me extra snacks so that I can take it home. My Mum has no money and
Is usually asleep. So, I usually give them to my little sister. She isn’t old enough to go to school yet, and I have already had some dinner at school.”

“If there isn’t enough food, we’ll get it and sometimes mum will go hungry and starve and
stuff.” Bryony, I3, told researchers. “Even if it is not that much food for me and [brother], it’s enough that we’ve actually had something. My tummy is always rumbling but I’m used to it now.”

“I envy children that get chocolate and sweets whenever they want. They are so lucky. I can’t wait for my birthday, because that’s when I am allowed to have those kinds of treats. We can’t afford them all year round.”

“When I’m hungry I just can’t sleep. It’s really really hard for me to do that, so I just need to relax my mind and know that I will eat in seven hours when I get to school.”

10 thoughts on “UK Poverty

1. Very effective post! Same goes on here in the U.S. 🙏🏽

Liked by 1 person

1. Ronnie says:

Thanks. Yes, I have been making comparisons. It is a grim situation
      that just gets worse.

Liked by 1 person

2. The U.S. is on the brink of total disaster. We may lose our democracy. There may be civil war. Trump opened Pandora’s box and now this “base” feels empowered to do anything!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Ronnie says:

It was the same people who were working in the background that got Trump into power, who also got Johnson into power in the UK. The two people who are currently in the running to replace Johnson are just as bad.

There is a major concern about fuel price increases in the UK and people not being able to afford electricity. When the material price went down, the charges went up dramatically. Also, the amount of revenue the government makes on various taxes is massive. All the big companies, including supermarkets were given the go-ahead to increase their profit margins. Recently, my expenditure for the month doubled.

All the problems in the UK have been predicable, because it is all part of the Brexit plan. There are too many people blissfully unaware of what Brexit actually entails. It is without any doubt, that things are going to get a lot worse.

Liked by 1 person

1. I know. I know. The same forces are at work in both countries. The world went crazy. I knew Brexit would go through just like I knew Trump would be elected. The rise in greed and racism and just plain stupidity is not just here. I pay 6 dollars for a loaf of bread and prices keep rising. People can’t afford gas and all. Sorry, to go on and on. I’ll stop here. Are you still thinking of going to Scotland? Is it any better there?

Liked by 1 person

1. Ronnie says:

I am still on course for going to Scotland, most of my preparation is done. It took a long time clearing out my excess belongings, in between dealing with other things. I was offered a flat (apartment) recently, but unfortunately it was not suitable for my requirements.

In Scotland where the government has limited powers, it does its best to mitigate the harmful policies of the authoritarian UK government, sometimes successfully, but not always. The UK government is doing its best to block another Independence Referendum. Contrary to what a lot of the propaganda says, Scotland is not subsidised by England, it is the other way round. Scotland will be much better of without being a cash cow for Westminster. The Scottish government is egalitarian and wants whatever is best for the people of Scotland. There are a lot of people moving from England to Scotland.

We are constantly outvoted in the House of Commons due to the Tory majority. Scotland has an Additional Members System (AMS) of voting, a compensatory form of proportional representation. Whereas England uses First Past the Post (FPTP), which means that where I live, it makes to difference who I vote for, as I live in a Tory Safe Seat, it will always be a Tory who wins.

Although there are some Tories in Scotland, they have not won an election there since 1955. To say we do not like them, is a massive understatement. One of the main tactics that the English propaganda machine successfully used, was the same method used in abuse, where the target is constantly reminded how useless it is, how it cannot possibly manage without the abuser, and all the negative results that will happen if they decide to leave. In the first Scottish Independence Referendum we were told that we would not be able to stay in the EU if we became independent. If we had been independent, we would still be in the EU.

Instead of people asking why Scotland wants independence, it is more appropriate to ask, why does England not want to be independent. Scotland is rich in natural resources which has been greatly exploited by England already, but they want to exploit it even more. For many years Scots did not want to break up with the rest of the UK, but there comes a time in every abusive relationship when the only coarse of action is leave. A myth that is often peddled, is that we hate the English, that is not true.

The BBC not only tells lies in England about what is happening in Scotland, they tell lies in Scotland about what is happening in Scotland.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you for explaining so much to me. Good luck on your move. Sounds like you’ll be happier there.

Liked by 1 person

3. Ronnie says:

Thanks Ellen, I will be happier.
    An important point I never mentioned about the Brexit plan, there is a power grab on all the devolved nations of the UK, which has already started.

Liked by 1 person

4. Huguette says:

Reading this post, it was hard for me to believe you are speaking about UK! Bad governments and leaders can really do wonders 😒

Liked by 1 person

1. Ronnie says:

Unfortunately, the situation will be getting worse.

Liked by 1 person